By this point in the year 29% of people have already stopped working on their New Years Resolutions. Six months from now more than half will have stopped working on their resolutions! Just hearing the numbers is enough to discourage some from even attempting to set goals. One joke among my friends is “New Years resolutions are meant to be broken.” One year we even went around the table humorously answering the question “What New Years resolution will you be breaking this year!” While this was funny, it was also disheartening. Goals are important, we set them to achieve something better for ourselves!
We know that people who set resolutions are 10 times more likely to achieve their goals than people who don’t make resolutions. So how do we keep these resolutions going?
That’s just what that issue is about getting those resolutions rocket launched! Check out the cool tool and video we have for you below.
7 Quick Steps to Making Your Goals Stick
Here are quick steps that you can take to make your goals stick in 2015. We call this a “Rocket Launcher” because we don’t want you to think too hard about it. Your goal is to be imperfect and inspired:
- Be imperfect and inspired!
- What is the one goal that you want to achieve this year and when you achieve it a cascade of other goals will become easier to achieve?
- What are the first three things you need to do to make this goal happen? (Stay away from “how do I do it”, “how” is the stuck place; instead think “what needs to happen”. By doing this you will have tricked your brain into believing the outcome is possible and inevitable.)
- Who needs to know about this so they can support me?
- Tell them TODAY! (What was their reaction?)
- Take the first imperfect inspired action from Step 2 TODAY! (What was your reaction?)
Repeat Steps 3 to 6 every single day!