To our valued clients:
At Change My Life Coaching and Change My Business Coaching we care deeply for our clients, our community, and employees and contractors. We take the evolving and global nature of the coronavirus very seriously. We are focused on ensuring our people, clients and community have emotional support and factual information and resources. Understandably, we are experiencing a tremendous amount of concern and social/cultural pressure to share our protocols and plan for supporting our clients. All of the measures we are taking are not out of fear but out of love and respect for one another and to minimize risk of exposure.
Overwhelming statistics outlining the number of confirmed cases and deaths from COVID-19 make it easy to disassociate the numbers from the people and communities involved. As a community, we seek a compassionate response that acknowledges the personhood attached to each statistic. We know that the people affected include not only those infected by the COVID-19 virus but also their families, friends, co-workers, and community members. We mourn with people whose loved ones have died, who have lost their livelihood through the growing economic impact, who have lost community through self-isolation and limited travel and, who have lost a sense of security through fear of contamination or racial discrimination. We also are filled with gratitude for the professionals who are providing leadership in the treatment and containment of the virus, and for those who put at risk their personal health to serve and support others, especially those who are most vulnerable.
PLEASE READ THE THREE STATEMENTS BELOW ON HOW YOUR COACHING MAY BE IMPACTED
ONE: We plan to follow the advice and protocols that have been recommended by our health authorities. And therefore are adopting the following:
- Coaching sessions will be conducted over the phone if:
- You have a compromised immune system and do not wish to coach face to face (your choice to make)
- You are concerned about your health, being in public or are experiencing levels of anxiety that would make it difficult for you to get the very best experience from your coaching session in a face to face setting (your choice to make)
- You are concerned that you or someone you have been in contact with may have been exposed to the corona / covid-19 virus, OR if you or someone in your home feel generally unwell for any reason
- You have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- You feel unsure, unsafe or anxious about attending your coaching session in person
Please advise us if one of the above is your circumstance and we can easily conduct a phone session in the same time slot you already have scheduled. We aren’t joking when we say we love and care about each and everyone you, and respect ABSOLUTELY your choices and decisions during this potentially confusing and difficult time.
TWO: What about our organization
- If our coaches or staff feel unwell or feel they may have been exposed to the virus, we will request that your sessions be held over the phone.
- None of us have travelled in the last 14 days, nor do we have any plans to travel.
- In the spirit of this, some clients over the last week have experienced awkward social interactions with us as it relates to hand shaking and hugging; therefore we are adopting a temporary protocol of no hugging and handshaking during this time. We have seen that clients have been unsure how to approach this social contact, so this protocol is in place so that you don’t have to ask.
- If one of our clients should disclose that they have been exposed to the virus and we have been in contact with them within 14 days, we will immediately close our office and self-quarantine for 14 days and all coaching will be held over the phone as long as we remain feeling well.
- We have been informed by our property management company that in the event there is an escalation of the virus in our building they will declare a building closure, and we will hold all coaching sessions over the phone.
THREE: What happens now
- If you or someone you know is diagnosed with COVID-19 or is required to quarantine, we would appreciate you letting us know. We want to support you in any way we can.
- As we navigate this together, please remember to respect the choices that others make. We all have different levels of risk tolerance, different obligations to others who depend on us, and our own health considerations for ourselves and our families. Please respect if others choose to wear masks, or gloves or other protective gear. This is a challenging time and support for each other is critically important, so do remember to check in on those you love and care about.
- Please remember our intent in sending this is not to perpetuate fear and panic but rather to be responsive to the questions and concerns that our clients have expressed to us as well as to be responsive to the recommendations of our health authorities
- Below our signature is some additional information you have likely been exposed to already; however, we felt it was important to provide it again to our community.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above, please feel free to give us a call at 403 910-7111, ext 401.
The Compassionate and Caring Team at Change My Life Coaching and Change My Business Coaching
How is it spread? Health authorities have not confirmed how COVID-19 is transmitted, but suspect it is spread person to-person. There is also evidence that the virus has been spread by animal sources, including individuals with links to seafood or animal markets. They do not believe you can get it from air, water or food.
What are the signs and symptoms? Individuals infected with COVID-19 have displayed the following symptoms:
- Mild to severe respiratory illness
- Difficulty breathing