Time is NOT a renewable resource – you cannot get time back. We live in a time pressured world where it is common to have multiple overlapping commitments that all require immediate attention now. Urgency is no long reserved for special occasions, they are an everyday occurrence. Missing deadlines is not the path to advancement or even good job reviews.
So how can one manage the flood of responsibilities, do excellent work and maintain a positive frame of mind? The Covey time management grid is an effective method of organizing your priorities. There are four quadrants organized by urgency and importance.
Participants will learn:
- To prioritizing day to day tasks
- Important deadlines with high urgency
- Identifying long-term development and strategizing
- To recognize distractions with high urgency
- To tasks activities with little to no value